L-ascorbic acid, aka Vitamin C, delivers many benefits, particularly when it comes to our skin. One of the most extensively studied of the anti-oxidants, in vivo and in vitro studies all conclude that L-ascorbic acid is one of the very few cosmeceuticals to actually live up to its claims.
Anti-Aging Skin Benefits of Vitamin C
UV protection: L-ascorbic acid is capable of protecting skin against erythema produced by UVB and UVA irradiation...
Read more »
For those of you who just want to know how to get your promised fix, the overnight antioxidant botox, read on.
1) Apply L-ascorbic acid topically. For healing and photoaging protection nothing beats L-ascorbic acid, but taking supplements by mouth is not enough. To get large concentrations into the skin where it will do the most good (as far as your skin is concerned) you need to apply L-ascorbic acid topically.
2) Choose L-ascorbic acid rather than an esterified version. Ascorbic acid is the active compound, and studies indicate that neither magnesium ascorbyl phosphate nor ascorbyl-6-palmitate topically applied appreciably changed skin levels of L-ascorbic acid.
3) Vitamin C oxidizes readily in light or liquid, so avoid serums and creams that may contain oxidized Vitamin C. Oxidized vitamin C is incapable of boosting collagen synthesis or scavenging free radicals, and indeed, may even act as an oxidant. Check out the color—if the serum is yellow, orange or brown it may be doing you more harm than good.
4) Only highly concentrated preparations (10% or more) deliver enough vitamin C to the cells to be topically effective, so be sure you are using enough.
5) Combine Vitamin E with your Vitamin C treatment.
Vitamin E is the major antioxidant of the stratum corneum, and works to protect lipid membranes. Because it is oil-soluble it is readily absorbed when applied topically. Combining C and E gives you a feedback loop that sustains your anti-oxidant protection.
Overnight Botox at Home
The following is a simple delivery system you can use at home. It takes into account all the factors that are necessary to optimize the rejuvenating effects of Vitamin C and E.
At night, apply a Vitamin E rich oil like avocado oil, or an oil blend that contains Vitamin E, or you may apply Vitamin E oil directly. Blends are best, because Omega-3-6 essential fatty acids are also an excellent supplement for the skin. Choose an oil blend containing mixed tocopherols (Vitamin E). Massage into the skin prior to applying Vitamin C.
Powdered L-ascorbic acid is the one you want. Dissolve 1/16 of a teaspoon in green tea, then pat it on your face. Or dissolve it in your night serum or moisturizer if you use one. Just make sure you use it fresh each time, and keep the rest of your supply dry and out of the light.
Our Topical Supplements
We have two supplements
and Skin Lightening
each contains equal amounts of L-ascorbic acid in powder form. In addition, each one contains a mixture of ingredients specific to the condition being treated
. The doses are pre-measured so all you need to do is add the contents of one capsule to your serum (Anti-Wrinkle
, Skin Lightening
, Moisture Serum
) at night (many people find that using one-half the capsule is sufficient). It may feel a bit gritty, but rest assured that once it is on your skin it is penetrating and working its magic.
Read more »
We are excited to announce the launch of our improved Vitamin C Supplement formula! Some of you had mentioned that you were having a hard time getting the Vitamin C powder to dissolve easily. We value your feedback and made a change. The new Vitamin C Supplements contain the same great ingredients but are ground finer, are grit-free, and completely dissolve into the serums to provide a seamless application providing the highest quality and freshest delivery of Vitamin C.
Read more »
Read more »
We have received a lot of attention since the Delicious Living
anti-aging skin care article came out, which recommended our Anti-Wrinkle Serum as an effective topical solution for keeping skin healthy and youthful-looking. Debra asked a great question about the efficacy of the Anti-Wrinkle Serum. Here’s some valuable information on how the serum works.